We salvaged a small bike for Simeon back a few months ago from a neighbor who was ready to get rid of it. It has been sitting in our garage ever since with flat tires, but today we finally fixed it up. Almost before anyone noticed, Simeon had jumped on and took off riding around the driveway! I immediately ran to the basement and started rumaging through cardboard boxes for his helmet. Thankfully I had just discovered the box labeled "sports stuff & bike helmets" a couple days earlier so I was able to locate it quickly. He rode around the driveway for a while (with the training wheels on of course), and even figured out how to break AND stand up on one pedal. I was amazed at how well he did! Here is also a picture of Chara on her tricycle. She can't ride on her own yet, but REALLY enjoys a ride whenever anyone is willing to sacrifice bending over in a quite uncomfortable position for some amount of time to push her around. :o)





No comments:
Post a Comment