"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (vs.16-18)
Anyhow, as I've thought more about that this week, and sought to put it into practice, I've seen it really make a difference! Like I'll start to feel weighed down with how much I "need" or want to get accomplished, or in trying to figure out how to help Simeon be more diligent and cheerful when I ask him to do something that is not in line with what he wants to do, or when Chara calls whiningly for me every five minutes after I've layed her down to tell me she peed or her toe hurts or that she wants the pillow back she threw out of the crib, or to make sure that I know she has eyeballs... :0)
Stopping and smiling in those moments... realizing that this is not worth losing my Joy over... changes my whole outlook and perspective toward the situation. When I let go of feeling burdened or frustrated by it then it's easier to be Thankful too, and I look forward to asking Jesus for help in how to handle things.
This Joy I am talking about is actually what we named Chara after! "Chara Joy" as I call it (Chara is the Greek word in the scriptures for this type of joy) is a deep-seated, unhindered sort of thing that doesn't fluctuate whether we're having a good day or a bad day, or whether its a beautiful day, or not very nice weather. It's just always there....
Anyhow, just somethin' I was thinking about and I thought I'd type it up while Silas is crying it out here on my lap... some nights he just can't go to sleep without a short, unconsolable period of expressing all his woes... :o) Hopefully that'll all change some day... I'm confident it will!
Seeking His Kingdom and to live out the verse above,
Leigh
No comments:
Post a Comment