Thursday, October 15, 2009

Life!

Whew... Just made about five posts all in one night (lots of pictures of the children from the past few weeks) and that doesn't even begin to sum things up around here, so I thought I'd post a little text as well!

I am doing well! Silas is three months old now, and a really good baby. He's usually happy and content when awake, and naps the other portion of the day, allowing me time for other things. Some afternoons Simeon and I spend time together either doing worksheets or a game or puzzle. We've been getting our feet wet with a little more homeschooling this year, and have taken up learning a bit of Spanish and Sign Language with some friends. He really enjoys it. Even Chara, at bed tonight, said "besos"... kisses:o)

Chara has been quite a challenge lately. She is pretty strong-willed and I am determined to stay on top of things concerning that; and this is tested daily. It is difficult at times. My yearning is to see her blossom into a little girl who will fully, freely give her heart and will to her parents... in preparation of doing the same for Jesus some day. I don't want to settle for less than that!

Each day seems to hold enough possibilities of things to do that I could fill up a whole week... but of course it is only 24 hours. I am constantly wondering where I should be putting my energies... laundry? a nice dinner? reading to the children? considering the plans to remodel the kitchen? working in the yard? visiting a friend and her children? the list goes on... I have realized how much I desperately need Jesus' help in all of this! He is the one who is "perceptive in 1,000 different ways and wise beyond words." He knows what is best and that is all that I want!

As I have been seeking Him in this area, the following exerpt from a book has been helpful and encouraging to me!

The invitation of God to all of the world is to be a Home together for the Father, Son and Holy Ghost—to be a Bride that has made herself ready for the return of her beautiful Groom, Jesus (John 13-15, Eph. 2-5, Rev. 19:7). If you think about the picture in the Scriptures of how life for and with Christ culminates—what is it? It’s a courtship—and a wedding supper! God is appealing to us, saying, “I have this confidence about Myself. If you will be with Me and take a look at who I really am, there will be no other suitors who compare. There is nothing else in the whole universe that will win your heart like I can—because I made you for Me. Other things have distracted you, but if you will just take the time and step up alongside Me, you will see what life was meant to be. And we’ll have a wedding!

“So, prepare yourself, Bride.”

From the beginning of time, this invitation has brought people to seek Him. That’s His invitation for us, too. That’s what it’s all about. This is not some external doctrinal thing. It’s a drawing and a wooing of what’s inside of us. It’s us looking at all that He is and saying, “I can’t live without Him or what is precious and important to Him! I don’t want to live without that! I would never dream of living outside of His will for my life or outside of His purposes. I want to follow the Lamb wherever He goes. Whatever He wants for my life, He’s got it! He’s the Bread of Life, where all my nourishment and fulfillment are found. He’s that picture of leadership and kindness and forgiveness and mercy that I can’t live without—that I don’t ever want to live without! I want to see Him strong. I want to see Him severe. I want to see Him kind. I want to see Him loving and compassionate. I want to see Him wise beyond words. AND, I WANT TO BE WITH HIM! I want to hear every word He has to say. I don’t ever want to be more than a step away from Him the rest of my life. I cannot turn my back on Him because of my own selfish pride or laziness or hurt feelings. I can’t turn my back on Him. The temptation is there, but the loss is too great.

Jesus has all these qualities. He is perceptive in 1,000 different ways and wise beyond words. This is our Master. This is Jesus. This isn’t some fairy tale. This isn’t some story out there about some god that created the earth and sits on a big white throne. This is about the person of Jesus and His Father who rule over us. If we will just look, if we will take the time to encounter Him, there is absolutely no way to resist Him any longer. The problem has been a lack of willingness to abandon ourselves into His very capable and loving hands. His trustworthiness is beyond belief. But we don’t always get close enough to see it because we make ourselves a little too busy, too selfish, too careless—and just won’t take the time to be dazzled and wooed by Him.

Father knows that if we will take the time to be with Him in His Son, then He will demonstrate His character to us in such a way that He will be absolutely irresistible. The qualities of His character are staggering. There is something about being with Him that will catapult you out of all the other things that you are encumbered and dragged down by. Suddenly you are dazzled by something that is outside of the realm of your normal flow of experience. That’s JESUS! And, He is inviting us to come walk with Him. He will dazzle you with all His qualities of kindness, mercy, and everlasting forgiveness.

You’ll see His smile and the gleam in His eye. You’ll see how the wind blows through His hair. You’ll see and hear and experience things that take you to another realm, and time won’t exist there anymore (Rev. 1:12-18). You will see His leadership and His strength. You will see how He has a resolve against sin. You’ll see that He has a focus and a clear vision of what life is supposed to be. And you’ll hear the depth of His laughter and feel the warmth of His encouraging embrace.

Come follow Him. He’ll show you leadership. He’ll show you strength. He’ll show you an immovable character and quality of life that will dazzle you, that will make you want to come with Him because it’s safe and secure where He is. He’ll show you a kindness and a sensitivity that will see right into your heart and life. If you come to Him and lay down your miserable life full of yourself, then He’ll wash you, and cleanse you, and put His Spirit inside of you. Then, He’ll draw out the diamonds and the rubies and the jewels that are there. He’ll draw those things out. He’ll make you a queen; He’ll make you a king.

The rest of the book is online at http://www.housechurch.com/Jesus-Real-Not-Relic if you want to read more!

With love to all my friends and family who follow this blog,
Leigh

1 comment:

  1. You sound as busy as me but just with different names assigned to them. I'm glad to hear that you and the kids are well, you have been in my thoughts many many times. Until, now I had no contact information on you. Send me and email sometime so we can get caught up better, then on a blog site. katrina.doyel@gmail.com

    A blast from your past,
    Katrina Doyel (Dickerson)

    ReplyDelete