Babysitting tonight! Not a bad deal as it came with a free, home-cooked meal, my husband took OUR children home and put them to bed after dinner and a video with the children we are watching, and I get to spend the rest of the evening relaxing rather than trying to coax Chara to sleep (who lately has preferred staying awake in bed for hours on many a nights!) Beside that, if I were at home my task-oriented, always-finding-something-that-needs-to-be-done self would have come out and I probably would not be blogging right now, which I consider more of a relaxing/free-time kind of thing:-)
This afternoon, while jogging on our "trail" treadmill (named thus after a hyper-active four year old pounced upon a water-filled baby toy, promptly bursting it, which his Momma (ok, it was me) somehow thought would be SAFER from being pounced on if it were sitting "up" on the treadmill rather than directly upon the floor, and now the board is warped and feels lumpy under your feet... like jogging on a trail:o) I watched part of a BBC video about the Salmon migration. Did you know that they can detect ONE SINGLE DROP of water from their birth place in like a MILLION GALLONS OF WATER??!!! And amazingly they make it back to their unique birth places to spawn... journeys that are thousands of miles. That just seems nearly impossible to me, but they do it! Every year! What an amazing God our Father is! These kind of things seem almost impossible to me, except that we have proof they're not. Wow, I wonder how many other things we do not have "proof" for yet, but are actually true?!
I think that is what a worshiper is-- someone who looks and is thankful for our Father's hand in all situations. What a mighty God we serve, eh?
ReplyDeleteYes! :-)
ReplyDelete