Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pre-Spring Things

Here are just a FEW of the things we have been up to lately! First is a picture of our maple sap cooking away... Veeery Slooowly, but hey, it works and requires almost no attention from me for hours on end. It has been a better year for maple syrup making than last year! I think we have made about 1 gallon of syrup so far. I expect maybe 1 more quart or slightly more if it stays cold through the end of the month. As I write this it is 64 outside and there is no sap running because it's too warm. So we'll about it staying cold for a few more weeks...
Second is a picture of a tray of pepper seeds that Simeon planted. They haven't sprouted yet, but many of the other things we planted have! And finally a couple pictures of Simeons "tooth" birthday cake, in honor of him losing his first tooth!! It was my time using fondant. It didn't turn out terrible, but I learned a few things about working with that stuff!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment