Well, it has been a slooooww start to winter here in Michigan! After a beautiful, warm fall, followed by sunny skies and then heavy rain in early December, the typical gray skies of winter finally seem to have settled in upon us and this is THE first evening I have had the pleasure of watching the snow gently fall under the flood lights outside. (Nevermind that it didn't last very long.) Each and every winter I find myself looking forward to the first snows, and then later on, the snow storms. Anyhow, tonight I got to wondering why it is I so enjoy watching that snow fall outside, while I get all "cozy" inside; and I realized that it has something to do with the fact that I have good, warm shelter and warmth FROM all that cold, wet, blowing snow. The fun sure wouldn't last long if there was no shelter to retreat to when the gloves started soaking through, the toes started getting numb, and the hunger set in. My next thought was how God has provided me with a shelter for this life, also. He has given me both spiritual and physical shelter during the storms, questions, decisions, and situations of life. I'm not just talking crisis's here, but quiet places and opportunities for growth and drawing near to the Lord, encouragement, relationships, protection, and much more that I can not seem to put words on right now. He is a faithful provider. I came upon 2 Samuel 22 and it helped put many of these thoughts into words. One snippet from the New Living, though the whole chapter is worth reading.
31 “God’s way is perfect.
All the Lord’s promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
31 “God’s way is perfect.
All the Lord’s promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
32 For who is God except the Lord?
Who but our God is a solid rock?
33 God is my strong fortress,
and he makes my way perfect.
34 He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
enabling me to stand on mountain heights.
35 He trains my hands for battle;
he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
37 You have made a wide path for my feet
to keep them from slipping.
to keep them from slipping.
No comments:
Post a Comment