Monday, November 23, 2009

Plans and more plans

Have been thinking about how my reactions and feelings toward rough situations and circumstances go much deeper than, well... just that, a reaction or feeling. With each seemingly "difficult" or unfavorable thing that Jesus places or allows in my life, comes a new opportunity to honor Him in how I deal with it and feel about it. Recently a situation came about that was not how "I" wanted it to be. I would have rather arranged the timing of things a bit differently, so as to accomodate plans that "I" had already made and was "planning" on. I care more about following those nudges from Jesus though than demanding that He allow me to stick with my "plans", so I made some changes on the calendar.

And then I sat around for the next 24 hours "feeling down" about it.

Finally, as I was telling Jesus that I didn't understand why I felt this way and asking Him about it, He showed me that I needed to change my heart as well. Here I was, changing around all my "plans" because I was trying to accomodate something that I knew He wanted me to do, but I never completely changed my attitude about it! I was still moping around wishing, just a little bit, that he could have timed things "MY" way. Right then I gave it up and ever since have been FREE in my heart and thankful about His upcoming plans and timing:-)
He is SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment