I am sitting at my computer (obviously!) drinking some coffee with homemade gingerbread syrup... my fried Kim was trying to imitate Starbucks' Gingerbread Latte, so I thought I'd give it a try:-) It's not bad, but I haven't had the Starbucks original either, so there's not much to compare it too. I hope you all enjoy the pics that I finally posted today. I haven't had as much time to update this as I would like to if I had an unlimited amount of time each day...
Simeon started doing simple Sudoku's this week, is learning how to locate boxes on a simple 3x3 grid, and is also working on letter sounds so that we can start reading (I hope!) later this winter. I am also trying to work with Chara at the table for ten minutes per day doing drawing and puzzles. Silas is trying to figure out how to get from his back to his front as he currently only rolls the other way!
I was vacuuming earlier today while Chara was in the kitchen, and it was noticeable that she was frightened by the vacuum each time I pushed it near where she was sitting. I started pondering why her fear of the vacuum outweighs her trust in me and that I am not going to let it harm her. Interesting thought as I started thinking about how Followers of Jesus must trust Him too rather than going through life so fearful of the unknown, or uncomfortable things, or intimidating people. Everything is not going to be pleasant all the time, but we certainly can trust in Him that it's all for our good in some way or another. He is such a good Father and this is an awesome freedom... to have NOTHING TO FEAR!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment