Not too much this year, unfortunately. I don't know what's up with the trees. They don't seem to be producing as much as last year (which was the first year we did this.) They seem to be producing like its the end of the season, but have been that way from the get-go, with the exception of a few:-) It's a pretty small operation- ten taps currently. I have 2.5 quarts finished so far, and will hopefully get at least that much more still. (I was hoping for 10 quarts, but doubtful that is happening at this point!) Ah well, maybe next year...
haha! That's awesome. I see these photos of you tapping maple trees, and I'm pretty jealous. How much syrup do you usually yield?
ReplyDeleteNot too much this year, unfortunately. I don't know what's up with the trees. They don't seem to be producing as much as last year (which was the first year we did this.) They seem to be producing like its the end of the season, but have been that way from the get-go, with the exception of a few:-) It's a pretty small operation- ten taps currently. I have 2.5 quarts finished so far, and will hopefully get at least that much more still. (I was hoping for 10 quarts, but doubtful that is happening at this point!) Ah well, maybe next year...
ReplyDelete