Friday, July 22, 2011

Running through the summer

It has been a busy summer so far! Having Scott off for a couple of months is really nice, though it does change the basic flow of our day quite a bit. Since Scott is one of the few "lucky" Daddies that get an extended vacation, he has been coordinating morning jogging sessions with many of the children from the Church here. The kids love it! Sometimes we jog to the track at the High School (and do more running, drills, sprints, stretches, and/or games once there,) other days we jog to a park, or sometimes we do something else altogether. I am really thankful that the children will grow up doing this kind of stuff, because they'll hopefully enjoy exercise more when they get older than I do, lol! It has been a struggle for me to get up and "pumped" for jogging many a mornings, but I am pushing on regardless:-) It has especially been fun watching Chara get excited about jogging, and watching her run all the way around the track (a quarter mile!) without stopping, then to excitedly exclaim, "Momma, I know how to run now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment